Rosewater has been used in beauty routines for eons, dating back to early Egypt in Cleopatra’s beauty routine (obligatory YAS QUEEN). It’s anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and has a bunch of anti-oxidants within. It can help clear your pores, remove and prevent dandruff, reduces anxiety and can even help reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Phew!
Rose water can also be used in many different mediums. It can be used to make a hair rinse, facial cleanser, facial toner, eye treatment, in face masks, in makeup remover, hair perfume, in cooking, or as an additive to a bath. The possibilities are literally endless! Today, we will just be talking about how to make base rosewater.
- Add your dried rose petals to the saucepan. Cover with water.
- Place saucepan on stove and bring to a simmer.
- Turn to low and place lid on saucepan
- Simmer until rose petals have lost colour or are pale pink
- Remove from heat
- Strain through nut milk bag or cheesecloth
- Discard petals and place in a jar to store
Super easy and can be used so many different ways!
(Visited 167 times, 1 visits today)